Parents and Learning Mentors
Duluth Public Schools is re-establishing its World's Best Workforce Advisory Committee. In accordance with state statute and the Minnesota Department of Education:
The district advisory committee, to the extent possible, shall reflect the diversity of the district and its school sites, and shall include teachers, parents, support staff, students, and other community residents.
Whenever possible, parents and other community residents shall comprise at least two-thirds of advisory committee members.
The district advisory committee shall provide recommendations to the school board regarding rigorous academic standards, student achievement goals and measures consistent with subdivision 1a and sections 120B.022, subdivision 1, paragraphs (b) and (c), and 120B.35, district assessments, program evaluations.
If you are interested in serving on the advisory committee, please contact me by Friday, October 28 at email@example.com or 218-336-8739. The advisory committee will meet 3 to 4 times per year. The first meeting will be held on Nov. 7, 2022, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. The location and additional information will be provided to committee members in early November.
The Learning Mentor who was listed on the application has agreed to perform the following duties:
- Communicate weekly with your student.
- Communicate as needed with AEO teachers and staff.
- Monitor regular progress and current status within the course.
- Monitor attendance (sufficient hours and progress over time)
- Make efforts to provide a safe, effective and appropriate space for study.
- Communicate any concerns you have with AEO teachers/administrators and guardians.
- Assist in making the student available for state testing (transportation).